Open PhD position – ESR 04
Physicochemical characteristics of upper gastrointestinal contents of older people and their impact on oral drug absorption
Planned starting date: 01 May 2021
Host Institution: National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece (M. Vertzoni, C. Reppas)
PhD Awarding Institution: National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
This project has 3 objectives:
- Characterisation of the composition of contents in the fasted stomach and duodenum of older people.
- Development of media for evaluating the performance of drug products to be administered to older people.
- Evaluation of differences in the composition of luminal contents of older people from healthy adults and geriatric patients on oral drug absorption.
Expected Results: New in vitro methodologies performance evaluation of orally administered drug products in older people.
- Novartis, Switzerland (A. Kourentas)
- Recurrent visits: Red Cross Hospital of Athens (C. Goumas)
Master’s degree or Diploma or Second state examination in Pharmaceutical, Biomedical or Chemical Sciences.
Experience in Pharmaceutical Technology, Biopharmaceutics, Analytical Chemistry.
Candidates should preferably have basic knowledge of Greek language. Selected candidate will be requested to attend Greek language courses upon recruitment.