Open PhD position – ESR 05
Physicochemical characteristics of upper gastrointestinal contents of geriatric patients and their impact on oral drug absorption
Planned starting date: 01 May 2021
Host Institution: National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece (M. Vertzoni, C. Reppas)
PhD Awarding Institution: National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
This project has 3 objectives:
- Characterization of the composition of contents in the fasted stomach and duodenum of geriatric patients with diabetes, Alzheimer’s/Dementia and Parkinson’s disease.
- Development of media for evaluating the performance of drug products to be administered to geriatric patients.
- Evaluation of differences in the composition of luminal contents of geriatric patients from healthy adults and older people on oral drug absorption.
Expected Results: New in vitro methodologies for performance evaluation of orally administered drug products in geriatric patients with geriatric patients with diabetes, Alzheimer’s/Dementia and Parkinson’s disease.
- UCB Pharma GmbH, Belgium (P. Berben)
- Recurrent visits: Red Cross Hospital of Athens (C. Goumas)
Master’s degree or Diploma or Second state examination in Pharmaceutical or Biomedical Sciences.
Experience in Pharmaceutical Technology, Biopharmaceutics, Analytical Chemistry.
Candidates should preferably have basic knowledge of Greek language. Selected candidate will be requested to attend Greek language courses upon recruitment.