Professor in Pharmaceutics, NKUA
(Co-)lead of WP2, (co-)supervisor of ESRs 4, 5 and 9.
Prof. Christos Reppas is based at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA), where he is Professor of Pharmaceutics at the Department of Pharmacy. He received his Pharmacy Degree in 1982 and his PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences in 1986, both from NKUA. From 1988 to 1989 he completed a postdoctoral fellowship in Pharmaceutics at The University of Michigan (USA). He returned to NKUA as a Lecturer in 1989. Throughout his career he has held research positions with the University of London (UK), The University of Michigan (USA), Glaxo R&D (UK) and the University of Frankfurt/Main (Germany). His research interests focus on the effects of drug dosage form characteristics and of gastrointestinal physiology on intraluminal performance of xenobiotics, as well as on the development of in vitro tests to predict intraluminal dosage form and drug performance. He has successfully supervised 13 PhD students and is/has been principal investigator in several EU funded training and research programmes (OrBiTo, PEARRL, COLOTAN, InPharma, AGePOP) and one COST action (UNGAP, vice-chair). He is co-author of more than 140 peer reviewed papers and chapters in international journals and books, of two books in Biopharmaceutics and Drug Disposition and one patent. He is also member of the editorial board of European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The AAPS Journal, Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Biopharmaceutics and Drug Disposition and Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology.
- Vertzoni, M., Sulaiman, S., Goumas, K., Kersten, E., Anlahr, J., Muenster, U. and Reppas, C. (2021) Characteristics of contents of lower intestine in the 65-74 years of age range could impact the performance of safe and efficacious modified release products. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 110, pp. 251-258. DOI: 10.1016/j.xphs.2020.10.029.
- Pentafragka, C., Vertzoni, M., Dressman, J., Symillides, M., Goumas, C. and Reppas, C. (2020) Characteristics of contents in the upper gastrointestinal lumen after a standard high-calorie high-fat meal and implications for the in vitro drug product performance testing conditions. European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 155(105535). DOI: 10.1016/j.ejps.2020.105535
- Litou, C., Vertzoni, M., Goumas, C., Vasdekis, V., Xu, W., Kesisoglou, F. and Reppas, C. (2016) Characteristics of the human upper gastrointestinal contents in the fasted state under hypo- and a-chlorhydric gastric conditions under conditions of typical drug – drug interaction studies. Pharmaceutical Research, 33, pp. 1399-1412.
- Vertzoni M., Goumas K., Söderlind E., Abrahamsson B., Dressman J., Poulou A., Reppas C. (2010) Characterization of the ascending colon fluids in ulcerative colitis. Pharmaceutical Research, 27, pp. 1620-1626. DOI: 10.1007/s11095-010-0158-y
- Kalantzi, L., Goumas, K., Kalioras, V., Abrahamsson, B., Dressman, J.B. and Reppas, C. (2006) Characterization of the human upper gastrointestinal contents under conditions simulating bioavailability/bioequivalence studies. Pharmaceutical Research, 23, pp. 165-176. DOI: 10.1007/s11095-005-8476-1